ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From mfs <farhan.sar...@gmail.com>
Subject URGENT : Does the ResultSet get closed by iBatis when using jdbcType=ResultSet
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:51:22 GMT

Hi Guys,

We are facing a critical issue in production and while looking into the
possible causes, we came accross this code segment where we using
jdbcType=ORACLECURSOR with corresponding jdbcType="ResultSet"..as below

--------XML MAPPING----------------

<parameterMap id="getResourceParam" class="map">
  <parameter property="resourceid" mode="IN"/>
  <parameter property="resourcelist" javaType="java.sql.ResultSet"
jdbcType="ORACLECURSOR" mode="OUT" resultMap="resourceResult"/>
</parameterMap>

<procedure id="getResource" parameterMap="getResourceParam">
  { call packagename.procedureName(?, ?) }
</procedure>

-----------------
JAVA CODE
------------------
 params.put("resourceid", resourceId);
 queryForObject("getResource", params);

 List resourceList = (List) params.get("resourcelist");
 Resource resource =
 resourceList.size() > 0 ? (Resource)resourceList.get(0) : null;

Now My question is that is iBatis "closing" up the ResultSet automatically
as involved in retrieving up in the resource "List" ? If it does than i
believe there is a typeHandler for ResultSet which takes care of that ?

Can someone please confirm?

Thanks and Regards,

Farhan.