ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: iBATIS with Tomcat vs JBoss
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 00:44:34 GMT

Kai Grabfelder-2 wrote:

> I think your development efficiency will increase as you'll probably have
> faster deployment/development cycles without all the ejb overhead. In
> terms of runtime / production performance I don't think that a pure tomcat
> setup is that much faster - but it will consume a lot less of resources -
> thats for sure.

Cutting those deployment/development cycles is the major focus of OpenEJB
and something we're bringing to the EJB 3.1 spec.  We want EJB to be as easy
to develop/test as any other plain java object with no exceptions.  I think
we do extremely well at it.

Here's a blog from a newer user who was pretty shocked and amazed that
developing EJBs could actually be... dare I say *enjoyable*.
http://qbeukes.blogspot.com/2008/08/rapid-ejb-development-with-unit-tests.html

-David