ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBatis AS/400 journaling STRJRNPF
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:28:49 GMT
This is not something you would do with iBATIS.  Your AS/400
administrator must start journalling.

Note that it's not as easy as just turning it on - there are storage
and performance implications of journalling that must be planned for.
Since most AS/400 shops do not use journalling, it would be better to
think of AS/400 as a non-transactional database (in other words,
AS/400 does not support commit and rollback by default - they must be
specifically enabled).

Jeff Butler