ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From John Chien <john.ch...@ncmail.net>
Subject Re: queryForList()
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 18:01:06 GMT
Christian:

1)  I look at the RowHandler interface.
Eventually, it will return the whole list. That means it will return a
list of 10198 records.
That is exactly I tried to avoid. I do not want it to return me such a
big list.

I know that the RowHandler itself will try to to the insertion for me.
However, I have no idea of how many insertion has been executed, unless
I wait for it to return me such a big list.

2) How can I put the maxCount in the SQL statement ?
    Although the SQL statement will return me a list of objects, how can
I put it in SQL statement to return me a range of objects while I do not
have
    idea of how many objects will be returned.

Thanks,

John Chien

Poitras Christian wrote:
> It would be better if your code would do one of the following.
> 1) Use a RowHandler. This is optimized for these kind of queries.
> 2) Use maxCount in your SQL statement and not in queryForList. Some connectors don't
use maximum count to limit the number of results sent from the database. In these cases limiting
number of results in the SQL statement is your only choice.

> I would go with solution 1 unless you cannot use a RowHandler.
>
> Christian

I try many times) I am wondering what might be the problem.