ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From <ankit.khujn...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Avoid java heap space while using iBatis
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:23:54 GMT
Michael,

Thats true. We are using the complete data set and plotting it to flex.
I am trying to handle this using some logic that can give me limited set
of data for calculation in spring in segements.

Regards
Ankit

________________________________

From: Michael Schall [mailto:mike.schall@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 8:42 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Avoid java heap space while using iBatis

Are you really using all 200,000 data points in your graphs or are you
summarizing? Can you use SQL to generate summery information and graph
that?

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Larry Meadors <larry.meadors@gmail.com>
wrote:

	Why do you think queryForList in a loop will work better?

	Larry

	On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 8:30 AM,  <ankit.khujneri@wipro.com>
wrote:
	> Hi,
	>
	> Our project is facing a java heap space issue while fetching
the record set
	> of around 200,000.
	> Using a row handler is not helpful as the same record set is
being used to
	> plot a slider and three graphs on UI (Flex).
	>
	> increasing the heap space size is not allowed in our
application as it is a
	> standard set by user.
	>
	> The sqlMapConfiguration has cacheModeEnabled set to true.
	>
	> Is there any way to optimize the record usage in iBatis?  Can
we use
	> multiple queryForList in a loop ? If yes, how this can be
achieved?

	> Thanks & Regards
	> Ankit
	>
	> Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely
necessary.

attachments to
	> this message are intended for the exclusive use of the
addressee(s) and may
	> contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information.
If you are not
	> the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute
or copy this
	> e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all
copies of this
	> message and any attachments.
	>
	> WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The
recipient should
	> check this email and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. The