ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jason Sheedy" <mobileja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: blob vs clob in mysql
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:20:01 GMT
Hi Jeff,
the result type is indeed byte[]. The strange thing is that it works fine
when using CLOB as the jdbcType, but not BLOG or LONGVARBINARY. I used
abator to create the initial mapping, but I'm actually a bit unclear about
the purpose of LONGVARBINARY. Any idea what the difference is between that
and BLOG? I know CLOB is supposed to be used for character data...

Cheers,

Jason

2008/11/1 Jeff Butler <jeffgbutler@gmail.com>

> What is the Java type of  the file_data propoerty in your result
> class?  Should be byte[] for a BLOB.
>
> Jeff Butler
>
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 7:01 PM, Jason Sheedy <mobilejason@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm new to this list, so please excuse be kind. I'm trying to get my head
> > around using blobs with ibatis/mysql and have run into an issue when
> trying
> > to read the blobs back into my result map.
> >
> > For some unknown reason using BLOB or LONGVARBINARY for the jdbcType on
> my
> > result map throws a strange exception. The binary data is written
> > correctly,  but when i try and read it in i get the following exception.
> >
> > com.ibatis.sqlmap.client.SqlMapException: Error getting nested result map
> > values
> >     for 'attachments'.  Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Not a valid escape
> > sequence:
> >
> > <resultMap id="compositeAttachment" class="........EQAttach" >
> >     <result column="eq_attach_id" property="eqAttachId"
> jdbcType="INTEGER"
> > />
> >     <result column="eq_id" property="eqId" jdbcType="INTEGER" />
> >     <result column="file_name" property="fileName" jdbcType="VARCHAR" />
> >     <result column="file_size" property="size" jdbcType="SMALLINT" />
> >     <result column="file_data" property="fileContent" jdbcType="BLOB" />
> >   </resultMap>
> >
> > The really strange thing is that everything works ok if I user CLOB as
> the
> > jdbcType. My data type on the mysql field is blob.
> >
> > Any tips would be appreciated.
> >

> > --
> > Jason Sheedy
> > www.bytespring.com