ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From mule_user <s...@aol.com>
Subject Re: IBATIS 2.3.3, JDK 1.5 - Optimistic locking strategies
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 14:07:01 GMT

My fundamental question was:

Is there a way to achieve optimistic locking, if the "OldObject" and/or the
update timestamp of the old object were NOT available in scope.

It seems that the solution in iBATIS requires you to keep the "OldObject" in
scope because, the where clause requires you to pass the ID of the
"OldObject" and update timestamp of the "OldObject".

Otimistic locking requires keeping "OldObject" in scope in JDBC. I have
followed this principle using JDBC for years.

I understand that iBATIS is built upon data mapping, not ORM. That being
said, I was hoping that there is an elegant solution using iBATIS, where I
do not have to keep "OldObject" in scope. I was hoping that I do not have to
resort back to keeping "OldObject" in scope, similar to the way I am used to
doing it in JDBC realm.

Again, keep in mind that I can only use timestamp attribute, not version.