ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From mule_user <s...@aol.com>
Subject Re: IBATIS 2.3.3, JDK 1.5 - Optimistic locking strategies
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 13:57:20 GMT

My fundamental question was:

Is there a way to achieve optimistic locking using timestamp attribute, if
the "OldObject" and/or the update timestamp of the old object is available
in scope.

All the solutions require you to keep the "OldObject" in scope because, the
where clause; requires you to pass the ID of the "OldObject" and update
timestamp of the "OldObject".

Otimistic locking requires keeping "OldObject" in scope. I was hoping that
there could be another solution using iBATIS where I do not have to keep
"OldObject" in scope.