ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IBATIS 2.3.3, JDK 1.5 - Optimistic locking strategies
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 16:14:39 GMT
Your fundamental question is obviously unclear.  Thus repeating your
fundamental question is not helpful.  Clearly our fundamental answers are
inadequate or are being fundamentally misunderstood.  Fundamentally, this is
simple for everyone else who has ever achieved optimistic locking with
iBATIS, as it is a fundamental part of most iBATIS persistence layer
strategies.

Would you like to revise your fundamental question, perhaps?

Fundamentally?  ;-)

To update an object with optimistic locking strategy, you need only the
primary key.  I really don't understand where you're finding the problem.
I could shut down the server in between updates and still maintain an
optimistic locking strategy.  This is the fundamental (oops there it is
again) benefit to using an optimistic locking strategy.  No object needs to
be kept in scope, ever.  It doesn't even have to be the same object, the
same statement or even the same application.

Clinton