ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Leucht, Axel" <Axel.Leu...@prodv.de>
Subject AW: Shutting down Connection Pool at runtime (for maintenance)
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 05:38:42 GMT
I have to admit that I know Oracle only very basically, though bare with me :-)

But what I think seems to be complicate matters is that you're backing up your database cold.

I remember that I did this also a couple of years ago when I didn't know that RMAN can do
this while the database is still online. Since then, the database runs 24 hours a day and
hasn't to be shutdown for backup purposes.

If our scenario fits you're situation, I recommend looking into RMAN a little further. IIRC
the database has to run in ARCHIVELOG mode.

/Axel