ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Rajaram, Naresh" <NareshRaja...@fairisaac.com>
Subject RE: Regarding Bulk Data Select Query Performance.
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:05:02 GMT
Hi All,

Finally I was able to achieve a better performance in retrieving 6 lacs
rows and writing to a flat file. It takes nearly 6 minutes now.

I was using a Row Handler implementation initially, but still I was not
able to get a better performance, today I added fetchSize="5000" to the
select clause and then it really turn around the solution.

Now I have few questions on this,

1.       How do we tune the fetchSize value?

2.       Why by adding this fetchSize the retrieval became so fast than
the initial version, as the initial version was taking 3 hours to write
6 lacs of records to a file? Is there any signifance? Please enlighten.

Thanks

Naresh