ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jason Kratz <jason.kr...@firm58.com>
Subject Re: AW: Shutting down Connection Pool at runtime (for maintenance)
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 19:16:10 GMT
You don't even need to use RMAN.  You can put the database in hot backup mode, back the files
up via scripts, and then take it out of hot backup mode.  There really is no reason to have
downtime running Oracle.   8i is old but its still advanced.   Pretty sure RMAN exists in
8i as well but its not necessary.

As Axel states it has to be running in ARCHIVELOG mode but if that is the case its a simple
'alter database begin backup'/'alter database end backup' to take it in and out of backup
mode.

Jason