ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jason Kratz <jason.kr...@firm58.com>
Subject Re: Shutting down Connection Pool at runtime (for maintenance)
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:23:18 GMT
Just one last note on the backup procedures.  Make sure that whomever is
responsible for that backup understands that you're going to lose any
data between backups should a problem occur.   Are you willing to lose a
full day's worth of data?    If it's a production database you shouldn't
be running in noarchivelog mode (ie: closed backups).   You'll be able
to recover far more data in archivelog mode where you can apply archived
log files to your last backup.

Jason