ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Giovanni Cuccu" <giovanni.cu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IBatis Random ORA-01722: invalid number error
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:34:31 GMT
a logon trigger is ok, if you like you could transform them in two
alter system statements.
Once you got the oracle trace file with the errors we can get in touch
to see what is happening.
Giovanni

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 2:05 PM, Givler, Eric <egivler@state.pa.us> wrote:
> For the first two alter session statements, would those occur within a logon trigger
for the account?  I'm wondering what you mean by "after you get the connection".  For the
other two, I can just write two additional statements that are fired before and after this
query.

> I really appreciate the assistance on this.  It's happening sporadically in 3 different
queries.  They all use HashMaps as parameters and HashMaps as the return results.  I don't
know if that's an issue, but I thought I'd mention it again.

with the following instructions these one should be issued after you get the connection alter
session set timed_statistics=true; alter session set max_dump_file_size=unlimited;

> these one should be issued before executing the sql
> alter session set events '10046 trace name context forever, level 12' ;
>
> these one should be issued after executing the sql
> alter session set events '10046 trace name context off';
>
> Oracle should produce a trc file in the $ORACLE_HOME/<some_path>/udump directory
of the server you can analyze the file by yourself (it's not veary understandable at firt
sigth) or with tkprof. in the trc files you can see the value of the bind variable, the type
and the error. with these information it should be easy to diagnose the issue. Giovanni