ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Ronald Borman <r.bor...@chello.nl>
Subject Interface binding
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
I got started with iBATIS this week. I bought 'iBATIS in Action' (finishing the last chapter
tomorrow), did some tests and browsed through the mailing lists. It looks like a compact,
comprehensible and fun to use framework. Kudos to the team!

On the incubator mailing list I found a May 2005 announcement which caught my attention: interface
binding (http://www.mail-archive.com/ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org/msg02403.html).
It reminded me of an IBM DeveloperWorks article about Generic DAOs and I was eager to try
it out. Unfortunately SqlMapClientImpl.getMapper() hasn't survived (although it is still listed
in the online dev Javadoc).

The 2.1.7 source code only calls the static method MapperProxy.newMapperProxy(), so perhaps
I could compile/externalize the missing classes. Is this feasable?

The 3.0 whiteboard discussion also mentions interface binding. Is it likely that this functionality
will return in a future version?

Thanks

Ronald