ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From zeppelin <shantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using java SortedSet instead of List for the resultMap
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 20:45:54 GMT

' In a nutshell, cache lists, don't cache individual objects...' -  a little
confusing

If I'm ONLY caching a list, the size I need is only 1. Right ?
	<cacheModel id="lruCache" type="LRU">
		<flushInterval hours="24"/>
		<property name="size" value="1" />
	</cacheModel>

If I decide to cache another object (POJO) and use the same cacheModel id
(lruCache), I would need to change the size ( size="2" ) and the LRU
algorithm will take care of expelling either of the two objects (POJO and
list). Is this correct ?

Sorry if all this has been answered before. I read the pdf a while back and
still have some questions on caching.