ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From <Ananth.Majum...@cognizant.com>
Subject Help required regarding showing pdf from blob data.
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 05:50:04 GMT

Hi,

          We are using Ibatis with Spring in our project. We have
requirement to store pdf files in the database as blob columns and
retrieve them and show them again as pdf. Currently we are doing the
following.

1.       We are converting the pdf file into a byte array and saving it
as a blob column

2.       While retrieving we are reading the blob column as a byte array

3.       While converting the byte array to pdf, we are facing encoding
problems. A pdf file is generated and data is written into it, but when
we try to open it says 'Cannot open because it is not a supported file
type or the file has been damaged'.

Please refer the files attached.

In the main method, we try to insert a row into the employee table. The
'description' field is a blob column in the Employee table.

// This is the code for retrieval

Employee emp1 = (Employee) sqlMap.queryForObject("getEmployee", "45");

                                                byte[]
desc=emp1.getDesc();

                                                String
filename="abc.pdf";

                                                FileOutputStream fos=new
FileOutputStream(filename);

                                                fos.write(desc);

                                                fos.close();

Please tell us, how can we convert the byte array to pdf file. Please
tell us if there are any other ways to achieve this functionality.

We feel that it has something to do with the encoding formats.

Regards,

Ananth.

all copies of the original message.
Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of
prohibited and may be unlawful.