ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Chris O'Connell" <oconn...@gorillachicago.com>
Subject RE: Regarding Bulk Data Select Query Performance.
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 19:16:57 GMT
Do you need to use IBATIS?  What is your database?  Many (most?) databases
have tools which are well suited to these sorts of tasks.  Depending on your
database, I would look at using one of them instead of IBATIS.

From: Rajaram, Naresh [mailto:NareshRajaram@fairisaac.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 1:56 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Regarding Bulk Data Select Query Performance.

Hi All,

I am a newbie in using IBATIS Framework. In one of our project (This is a
Java Project, which is basically an Extract Tool) we are using IBATIS.

There is a select query which is going to fetch approx 6,00,000 records.
These values have to be written to a text file.

Now what is the best approach to handle this? How to achieve better
performance using IBATIS?

Please suggest.

Thanks

Naresh