ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Sundar Sankar" <fatboys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hibernate 3.2 Native SQL versus iBATIS
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:45:34 GMT
Hi ,
    Hibernate and Ibatis comparison is like comparing apples and oranges.
Bothe serve different purposes. This is what I told folks at my company b4
we decided to go in with Ibatis instead of Hibernate.

Pros of Ibatis
===========
1. Stored procedure support is out of the world.
2. Not pure ORM and query control is primarily in our hands. We dont have to
assume that the query would be generated in a particular way.
3. Hibernate doesnt work great if the tables arent well normalized.
4. Hibernate 2, had tonnes of memory issues when dealing with enterprise
databases. Am not sure if 3 has solved it.
5. If we just wanna fetch 2 columns from a table having 25 columns,
Hibernate plays bad in those scenarios.

Other people could have different views, but these are what made me win over
using ibatis in our project a year back.

-Sundar