ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Ian Zabel <...@ezabel.com>
Subject Re: Thread starvation - pool / Throttle issue?
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 04:26:05 GMT
Clinton,

A bit confused here (new to ibatis)...

The docs state: "By default, calling any execute method on
SqlMapClient instance (e.g. queryForObject() or insert()) will auto-
commit or auto-rollback.  This means that each call to any execution
method will be a single unit of work. "

Also, the code examples in the docs (p. 53) don't show any explicit
close() calls.

So, when using DBCP (retrieved with JDNI from Tomcat) without any
Spring, and executing CRUD operations with auto-transactions, are you
saying it is necessary to call close()?

Thanks,
Ian.