ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From kiran vuppla <kirankumar_vup...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CachedRowSet
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 19:11:58 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

Through JDBC we can create a CachedRowSet object and get the pagination working. I would like
to how to configure CachedRowSet functionality using IBatis <select> statements or something
else so that I will retrieve the pagination.

Regards,
Kiran

--- On Mon, 8/25/08, Sundar Sankar <fatboysuns@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Sundar Sankar <fatboysuns@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: CachedRowSet
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org, kirankumar_vuppla@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, August 25, 2008, 12:44 PM

Hi Kiran,
               If  I remember right, isnt the previous and next of a cached
rowset used to traverse through the cursor of the result set fetched. I think all cached rowset
does if caches the resultset and gives the data to the user so that the there is no hard connection
between the application and database after the result sets have been fetched.

I could be wrong too, the cached rowset I used was like 2 years ago and this is what previous
and next was in the code that was available then. It was more a replacement of a rs.next()
and rs.previous(). [ rs being an instance of a ResultSet object]

Regards
Sundar