ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Ed Murphy <emur...@yahoo.com>
Subject Are iBATIS pojos instrumented?
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 05:11:39 GMT
I'm doing a Web 2.0 project where I'll be remoting the objects,
probably using GWT RCP or Adobe AMF.  I've looked at Hibernate, but
it's proxy scheme enhances the pojo for lazy retrieval.  That means I'm
not getting the object I expect at the client end, so serialization
fails.  I also like the iBATIS meta data better.  I just want to get
objects and lists of objects from the db in a straightforward manner.
I'll leave lazy loading or other optimizations to the client.  In
effect, I'll have a DAO on the client to handle this kind of
optimization.  So, with that context in place, does iBATIS hand me the
pojo I expect, or has it been instrumented before I get it?  Thanks
much.
Ed Murphy