ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Michael Schall" <mike.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Connection Pool Logging
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 16:09:01 GMT
Is there a way to know when a connection is retrieved from the pool and
returned to the pool and how long the request for a connection takes?  I
have looked at the ConnectionLogProxy, but I assume this is too late in the
game.  We already have the connection at that point?

The problem I'm tring to find is our connections seem to be slowly leaking
and I can't pinpoint where the leak might be.  We have hundreds of users hit
the site pretty hard and we have the maxConnections set to 32 within
WebSphere.  If it was a systemic problem, we would use all the connections
by the 33 request right?  I would like to log the activity to see if I can
find the problem.

Is there a way to uniquely identifiy a connection?  So when testing I can
see that I'm reusing the same connection vs. a new one?  Using log4j I get
"{conn-100036} Connection" in the log, but the "100036" is just an
incrementing number.  Is there a property on the connection that would tell
us this query is using the same connection as that query?

Thanks for your help.

Mike