ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Niels Beekman" <n.beek...@wis.nl>
Subject RE: sealectKey database abstraction
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:51:40 GMT
Use a properties file to specify the statements, and then include them
from within the selectKey statement. There was a post about this a while
back, but I can't find it. You could look in the documentation to see if
there's any information about including properties.

Niels

________________________________

From: Perl fromSpain [mailto:niceperl@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 10:30 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: sealectKey database abstraction

Hi,

I'm using the "selectKey" with insert commands. It works great.
We are using a development database based in SQLite, and the select is
like this: select max(id)+1 from TABLE
Now, we are moving our project to the production enviroment, a Oracle
10g database, and in this scenario we'll use a sequence: Select
theSequence.nextval from dual

The problem: in each scenario, the selectKey statement must be
different.
How can I avoid this, or minimize?

Thanks in advance