ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Warren Bell <war...@clarksnutrition.com>
Subject Upgrading from PostgreSQL 8.1 to 8.3 and escaping special characters
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 17:56:39 GMT
I am having a problem escaping certain characters like the apostrophe
\'.n  in PostgreSQL 8.3 after upgradeing from 8.1  I am now getting the
following error:

syntax error at or near "S" at character 282

that is referring to an apostrophe in an insert statement.

I am not escaping this character in my code. I am assuming that Ibatis
or the driver is escaping it. I am using the
postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc3.jar as
the driver.

I have read that Postgres 8.3 now escapes special characters like this
E'Joe\'s', but how do I get this to work without going through all my
code and shouldn't this be done by the
driver.

Has anyone else had this problem after upgrading to Postgres 8.3? I have
tried the Postgres users list and the Postgres JDBC users list and have
gotten no where.

--
Thanks,

Warren Bell