ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Tom Schindl <tom.schi...@bestsolution.at>
Subject Re: sealectKey database abstraction
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:28:09 GMT
Why not using an XML-Entity and load different DTDs, this way you have
your standard mapping files and only the small Entity thing is switched
by including this or that DTD.

Tom

Ian Zabel schrieb:
> I'd suggest that you do your development against an Oracle 10g database.
> This really is the best solution.
>
> But, if that's not really an option, I guess you could maintain a
> separate set of sql maps for each DB. Or, maybe use Ant replacement
> variables for your build to swap out the correct sql map...
>
> Or, maybe an alternative would be to try to come up with some sql that
> works on both databases. Not sure if SQLite supports functions, but
> maybe something like that would work.
>
> You're really fighting the tool here.
>
> Ian.
>
> On Aug 12, 2008, at 4:30 AM, Perl fromSpain wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using the "selectKey" with insert commands. It works great.
>> We are using a development database based in SQLite, and the select is
>> like this: select max(id)+1 from TABLE
>> Now, we are moving our project to the production enviroment, a Oracle
>> 10g database, and in this scenario we'll use a sequence: Select
>> theSequence.nextval from dual
>>
>> The problem: in each scenario, the selectKey statement must be different.
>> How can I avoid this, or minimize?
>>
>> Thanks in advance

tom schindl                               leiter softwareentwicklung/CSO
eduard-bodem-gasse 8/3    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834