ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Fidel Viegas" <fidel.vie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hibernate 3.2 Native SQL versus iBATIS
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 20:44:56 GMT
On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:02 PM, Jeff Butler <jeffgbutler@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I may interject too...
>
> You could use ibator to guickly generate a basic iBATIS based CRUD layer and
> then just focus on the complex queries.  This can give you some of the
> productivity benefits of Hibernate, and still leave you free to code the
> complex stuff in an efficient manner.

Doesn't Hibernate come with command line tools that allow you to do
that as well? I haven't played with Hibernate in a while, but I have
the impression that I have seen this somewhere.

I am fairly new to iBatis as well, but I prefer it over Hibernate
because I use quite a lot of stored procedures, and I love to have the
freedom on modifying the SQL for tuning, etc...

I have recently purchased the iBatis book and I am actually enjoying it.

Fidel.