ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Ron Grabowski <rongrabow...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Setting for removing newlines from SQL?
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 01:59:34 GMT
I've encountered a couple of times when I've been doing a lot of dynamic sql and would have
liked to preserve the newlines in the sql. Makes it easier to understand what the problem
is when I copied and pasted the text into a database management program.

What about a global setting that defaults to the current behavior or adding an attribute to
the <statement /> node that allows the sql layout to be preserved.

----- Original Message ----
From: John Clash <spam.trash@seznam.cz>
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 4:29:54 PM
Subject: Setting for removing newlines from SQL?

Hi,

I've came across an issue with the double-dash comments, as reported here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-203

In a short:

       <select>
                SELECT * FROM table
               -- Here is my comment.
                WHERE col = 5
        </select>

gets parsed into

        SELECT * FROM table -- Here is my comment. WHERE col = 5

Using other forms of comments reduces the code readability.

Is there any way to switch off removing the newlines in iBatis 2?

Thanks, Ondra