ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Vorius <tloz...@gmail.com>
Subject Need some help getting dynamic queries working
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 19:44:17 GMT

I am trying to use dynamic queries for the first time and I am really
confused as to why I am getting an error.

In my XML I have this:

<typeAlias alias="TaskFilter" type="com.test.TaskFilter"/>

	<select id="getTasksFiltered" parameterClass="TaskFilter"
resultMap="TaskMap">
		SELECT * FROM tasks
  	<dynamic prepend="WHERE">
		  <isNotEqual property="priority" compareValue="0" prepend="AND">
		    priority = #priority#
		  </isNotEqual>
		</dynamic>
		order by due_date desc
	</select>

TaskFilter is a public class with following members:

public class TaskFilter {
	int priority = 0;

	public int getPriority() {
		return priority;
	}
	public void setPriority(int priority) {
		this.priority = priority;
	}
}

and I try to execute this as follows:

TaskFilter taskFilter = new TaskFilter();
tasks = sqlMap.queryForList("getTasksFiltered");

It is failing with the following error:

--- The error occurred in com/test/xml/Tasks.xml.
--- The error occurred while preparing the mapped statement for execution.
--- Check the getTasksFiltered.
--- Check the parameter map.
--- Cause: java.lang.NullPointerException
     at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeQueryWithCallback(GeneralStatement.java:188)
     at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeQueryForList(GeneralStatement.java:123)

     at
com.ibatis.common.beans.ComplexBeanProbe.getProperty(ComplexBeanProbe.java:295)
     at
com.ibatis.common.beans.ComplexBeanProbe.getObject(ComplexBeanProbe.java:199)
     at com.ibatis.common.beans.GenericProbe.getObject(GenericProbe.java:74)

So why does this happen? What did I do wrong?

When I remove the whole <dynamic> section from my SQL it will run fine.