ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Alex O <develo...@alexoren.com>
Subject Same queries, different tables
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 16:52:10 GMT

Hello,

Please suggest the best way to customize a set of queries to use different
tables (but same columns).

For example, let's say that I have a humongous amount of customers and the
DBA decided to split into tables by continent.  Let us also assume that
there will be 7 distinct subcomponents and each one only deals with a
particular continent.

So, instead of the current query:
  select name, address, phone from USERS where some_criterion
one component may query:
  select name, address, phone from AFRICA_USERS where some_criterion
while another will query:
  select name, address, phone from EUROPE_USERS where some_criterion

The components will be completely identical except for the tables they will
use.
The number of different queries can be large.

I do not really want to change the code to have the table names passed
explicitly to the ibatis queries.
In particular, some queries have no parameters (or accept a single primitive
parameter) and changing the code to explicitly carry the table names around.

So is it possible to achieve this changing only the XML configuration files?

Thank you,
Alex.