ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Kram.V" <v.k...@yahoo.com>
Subject iBatis confusion about sqlMap
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:09:14 GMT

Hi all,
 I am an iBATIS newbie and love the ease of using it over Hibernate, but am
having some issues here.
I have a BaseDAO that intializes a sqlMap in a static way. This DAO is
packaged in a jar and then bundled along with a war in a ear file and
deployed. This works perfectly fine.

Now, I have to use this same codebase for two different instances (2
different websites). Each instance has its own database, so at build time I
split out the sql-config-map.xml with respective datasources and bundled the
applications as two different ear files. So now we have two different jars
and two different wars bundled in their respective ear files.

The problem that I am having is that the sqlMap keeps pointing to the same
database instance in both these application deployments. Is there something
that I am missing here, I thought each instance would get its own sql map
especially since I provided a separate sql-map-config.xml file for each.

Shouldn't each ear have its own class loader that would prevent any class
loader issues? I am stumped.

Thanks for your help in advance.