ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From hbuch4 <hb...@straussauto.com>
Subject Re: don't call Managed Bean init method
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:17:33 GMT

OK, I sort of found a solution to this.

My objective was to call my method, which retrieves a 3-dimensional array of
Beans from the database, on every FacesServlet request, but only upon
FacesServlet requests. I did not want the db stuff to run when the object
was instantiated as a result of an Ibatis resultMap, which is unfortunately
what happened when I put the db stuff in the bean's init method.

Therefore, to solve the problem, I put the db retrieval code in a special
property of the managedbean, and declared it as a managed-property in my
faces-config.xml. It's a bit funny to have DB retrieval code in a bean's
"get" method, but hey, it works.

Now the database code is called only at the MyFaces request, but not when
the bean is created by Ibatis.

Thanks,

Heather Buch