ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From John Clash <spam.tr...@seznam.cz>
Subject Re: Setting for removing newlines from SQL?
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 02:00:40 GMT

AFAIK, SYSTEM in XML is only "supposed" to be an URI, and does not necesarily
need to be some accessible HTTP URL - it may point to the document autor's
system and may not make sence in user's system. PUBLIC is what editors etc
should map to their DTD repository.

There's also some discussion which seems trustworthy:
http://bytes.com/forum/thread87407.html

So you can have:

   <!DOCTYPE sqlMap PUBLIC "-//iBATIS.com//DTD SQL Map 2.0//EN"
"~/ibatis/dtd/20.dtd">

where  "~/ibatis/dtd/20.dtd" is the SYSTEM part.
Whether or not the editors and clients rely on SYSTEM part instead of
PUBLIC, is other topic.
But for convenience, I would keep it be an URL :-)

Ondra