ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From John Clash <spam.tr...@seznam.cz>
Subject Re: Setting for removing newlines from SQL?
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 23:01:12 GMT

Clinton Begin wrote:

> <side-rant>
> DTD/Schema is annoying really.  [...] While our entity resolver does grab
> it
> from the JAR, tools and such will always need it on the web. [...]
> </side-rant>

<side-tip>
IMHO that's the fault of the tool developers - DTD PUBLIC / SYSTEM values
are not URL to suggest where to download it from, rather it is an URI -
unique identifier that can be used to distinguish different DTDs.

I use NetBeans, which allow to set up DTDs and Schemas conveniently - see
"Tools -> DTDs and XML Schemas". You can download the proper scheme and link
the URI to a file in your filesystem.
</side-tip>

Ondra