ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From John Clash <spam.tr...@seznam.cz>
Subject Re: inline map format: empty String in nullValue
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2008 01:20:41 GMT

Hi Clinton,

Clinton Begin wrote:

> [...] but it shows that we do support everything except those two features

Hmmm... thankfully :-)

Clinton Begin wrote:

> ... which we've explicitly chosed to remove.  Primarily the compatibility
> kit is used for testing. [...]
>
> If it is useful enough for everyone, submit it as a patch and then we can
> include it in the core.

I think this "empty String <=> NULL" case can be considered as a must-have.
It could be accessible using some alias, like with "map" for java.util.Map.

Actually, besides "", I can't figure out other usage of nullValue, which
would not be a DB design flaw, esp. with mentioned primitive numbers usage.

Well, thanks for explanation.
Ondra