ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBatis confusion about sqlMap
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:20:50 GMT
It should.  The classloader is a hierarchy.  For example, a simple one:

JVM
    Application (EAR)
        Web App (WAR)
    Web App (WAR)

The problem is that every one is different.  And JAR files totally mess
everything up. If you look up the class loader docs for WebLogic, JBoss and
WebSphere, you'll probably find more than you expect.

The best solution that seems to work on all app servers is to keep the
mapping files etc. in your /classes folder with your web app, rather than in
a JAR.

Also, you don't necessarily have to split out the sql-map-config.xml files,
you can keep the same one and just split out the properties file specified
in the <properties/> element of the sql-map-config.xml.

As another solution, if all else fails... load the properties file yourself
using the SqlMapClientBuilder.buildSqlMapClient(xmlResource,
propertiesInstance) overloaded method.  You can load the properties file
from the classpath using the Resources.getResourceAsProperties() method, and
if necessary you can specify the classloader explicitly.

Clinton