ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting for removing newlines from SQL?
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 02:02:13 GMT
Yeah, you can do that with IDEA too.  But I think even tools like IDEA and
NetBeans aren only doing this for performance and offline support reasons...
it's a bandaid solution for an impractical technology.

It is a namespace, but also happens to map to a physical location on the
web, and thus there is the dependency.

What I think would be better is a relative path scheme for DTDs, which more
often than not would just be the same path that the XML file is in, but
would also allow developers to design their own structure.  At the very
least would provide repository options other than an online resource that
eventually becomes a single point of inflexibility (and in some cases
failure).

My point in summary:  iBATIS is not a web service, and thus it should not
depend on the web.

Clinton