ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Sundar Sankar" <fatboys...@gmail.com>
Subject INOUT and Typehandler
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 17:04:52 GMT
Hi All,
          I am using Typehandler for Oracle user defined databases. The
typehandler seems to be invoked when the mode is "IN" and never called when
the mode is "INOUT". I saw a post mentioning a similar issue

http://www.mail-archive.com/user-java@ibatis.apache.org/msg07216.html

I tried Larry's suggestion of changing jdbcType to "Struct" and running the
proc. The Typehandler still doesnt seem to get called. Is there something
wrong I am doing.

=========
My Configs
=========

1. In SQLMap Config

<!--originally -->

<typeHandler callback="myTypehandler" javaType="myTypehandlerModel"
jdbcType="ORACLEDATABASEUSERDEFINEDTYPENAME"  />

<!-- Changed to -->

<typeHandler callback="myTypehandler" javaType="myTypehandlerModel"
jdbcType="STRUCT"  />

2.  SQLMAp File

<!-- originally -->

<parameter property="propertyName"
jdbcType="ORACLEDATABASEUSERDEFINEDTYPENAME"
            javaType="myTypehandlerModell" mode="INOUT" />

<!-- Changed to -->

<parameter property="propertyName" jdbcType="STRUCT"
            javaType="myTypehandlerModell" mode="INOUT"
typeName="ORACLEDATABASEUSERDEFINEDTYPENAME"/>

What am I Doing wrong here??

-Sundar