ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Sundar Sankar" <fatboys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Paging
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 17:45:55 GMT
Hi Andrew,
          One problem I have had in past with pagination at client end is
memory glitches. If there is usually too much of data in the client end,
sometimes you tend to run out of memory while caching these. You might just
wanna be wary of this. I usually wud wanna hit the database multiple times
if I have to fetch more than a 100 rows of data at one shot.

Second issue. If you are implementing sorting of data then think of the
strategy of " How do u combine sorting and pagination".  These 2 concepts
don't go well together.

Warm Regards,

Sundar Sankarnarayanan