ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ibatis+springframework for millions data loading
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:04:03 GMT
Using JDBC/iBATIS for bulk data loads will usually be slower than using your
database's bulk load utility.  See this page from postgresql dicumentation
for more information:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/populate.html

If you feel you must use iBATIS, then I'd recommend using a batch and
issuing periodic commits.  See the iBATIS developer's guide (page 56) for an
example.  But, this will likely be much slower than using the bulk loader.

Jeff Butler