ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christopher.Mathru...@sybase.com
Subject NullPointerException after upgrade to 2.3.2
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 17:24:59 GMT
I just upgraded to 2.3.2 due to the fact that Spring 2.5.5 seems to need
it. After I upgraded I am now getting a NullPointerException after
executing a procedure. This was working prior to the upgrade and seems to
be associated to the TypeHandlerFactory.setTypeHanlder method at line 143.
As I step through the code it appears that the result is returned from the
procedure. I can see the value returned and my CustomTypeHandler is being
invoked and is returning the correct value.  ('N' == Boolean.FALSE)

It appears this error begins in the class ComplexDataExchange.setData()
method. On line 95 the following statement is executed:

    if
(typeHandlerFactory.hasTypeHandler(parameterMap.getParameterClass())) {

However, my parameterMap has no parameterClass specified and when it is
retrieved a null value is returned. This causes the NullPointerException
to occur in the TypeHandlerFactory.setTypeHanlder() method at line 143:

if (handler == null && Enum.class.isAssignableFrom(type)) {

The test is made to see if the handler is null but no test is performed to
see if the type is null and this results in the NullPointerException.

Is it now required to have a ParameterClass specified on every statement?

Chris