ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Dragan Jotanovic" <Dragan.Jotano...@DIOSPHERE.com>
Subject RE: ibatis+springframework for millions data loading
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:15:22 GMT
Bad idea. Ibatis needs to load whole resultset and this would be
impossible in your case (millions of records, you would need a lot of
memory and time).
If you are doing migration from oracle to postgresql, I would simply try
export/import, without custom coding.
Or, use just plain JDBC, it would be easier in this case.
You don't need O/R mapping here.

Or, if you really want to do it through ibatis, you would have to
implement some sort of paging.

Dragan

-----Original Message-----
From: luy [mailto:emilu@encs.concordia.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 4:52 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: ibatis+springframework for millions data loading

Greeting,

I will load millions of data from Oracle10 to postgreSQL8 through JDBC.

I like the spring+ibatis framework. May I know how ibatis deal with big
chunk of data please?

The example I had is the following, would you suggest better solution?

(1)Transaction begins

(2) select from oracle.table1 into object1
    . possible solution is to split table1 into
      table1_subgroupdata1, ...n

(3) for loop object1
    => insert into postgreSQL

(4) if success commit