ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Dragan Jotanovic" <Dragan.Jotano...@DIOSPHERE.com>
Subject RE: [ANNOUNCE] iBATIS 2.3.3 ... Beta is the new Production
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 13:34:19 GMT
Upgrading to newer version of iBatis is becoming more and more
complicated.

So now we will have to wait for new version of spring in order to get
new version of iBatis? Isn't it better just to revert all those changes
back on branch 2.3.x and start new branch with those changes (2.4 or
long waiting 3.0)?

From: Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 2:21 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] iBATIS 2.3.3 ... Beta is the new Production

Wooooow...

K, it's looking more and more like we just need to update the Spring
integration.  I'm not willing to roll back all of the simplifications we
made to the software.  We got rid of a lot of internal cruft that just
made the code harder to read and didn't serve a purpose.

I'll see what I can do to work with the Spring team to get it updated.
I no longer consider this a bug, it's an evolution.

Clinton