ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christopher Lamey <cla...@localmatters.com>
Subject Re: ibatis+springframework for millions data loading
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 22:32:08 GMT
On 7/22/08 4:24 PM, "Clinton Begin" <clinton.begin@gmail.com> wrote:

> True, other tools may be better...
>
> But with a RowHandler, iBATIS could easily meet this requirement.  I've used
> iBATIS RowHandlers for ETL type stuff and achieved crazy performance with
> batch updates.  15,000 records per second on the Netflix prize data.

Definitely, I've used rowhandlers in iBATIS for similar stuff with millions
of rows as well.  Complicated data transforms or the lack of ability to do
command line stuff for various reasons have usually been why I've gone with
a RowHandler.

But if I'm just copying data from database a to database b and I don't need
complicated transformations or handling, I've never seen anything faster
than the database's native bulk loaders (sqlldr, bc, copy, etc.)

Cheers,
Chris