ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From kiran vuppla <kirankumar_vup...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Insert Statement.
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 00:58:13 GMT
Thanks. I will try that,

Regards,
KV

--- On Mon, 7/14/08, Givler, Eric <egivler@state.pa.us> wrote:

From: Givler, Eric <egivler@state.pa.us>
Subject: RE: Insert Statement.
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org, user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Date: Monday, July 14, 2008, 7:39 PM

In Oracle, it's SYSDATE.

However, like Jeff's saying here, I think you're going to have to one
of the following:
a) set it on the client end before the insert, passing it as a parameter to the
db (use a java.sql.Timestamp)
b) set it on the insert via one statement, then re-read the record via a select
to get it
c) save the record via a stored proc with an out variable for the creation date
(or possibly an in|out if you are setting it on the client side)

Good luck.