ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Chris Marshall" <ch...@campsbayterrace.com>
Subject Deploying gwt + iBatis + MySql via Tomcat
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:43:42 GMT
This is not really an iBatis query, but I have little experience with
deploying applications via Tomcat, and would like to find a url which
will help. I have checked the JPetStore application and googled dozens
of sites without success:
The application works well in GWT hosted and browser mode, and the GWT
client works fine via Tomcat. The problem is I don't know how to
deploy the server side java code with iBatis and MySql and cannot find
a suitable knowledge base:

The Tomcat WEB-INF has web.xml and SqlMapConfig.xml files:

apache-tomcat-6.0.10/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
apache-tomcat-6.0.10/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/SqlMapConfig.xml

where web.xml is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app>
  <display-name>MyApp Web</display-name>
  <description>MyApp Web Application</description>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>MyAppService</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>net.cbtltd.server.MyAppServer</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>MyAppService</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/MyAppService</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

  <description>MyApp</description>

  <resource-ref>
    <res-ref-name>jdbc/MyAppDb</res-ref-name>
    <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>

</web-app>

and SQLMapConfig.xml is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
  <!DOCTYPE sqlMapConfig
    PUBLIC "-//ibatis.apache.org//DTD SQL Map Config 2.0//EN"
    "http://ibatis.apache.org/dtd/sql-map-config-2.dtd">
  <sqlMapConfig>
  <settings useStatementNamespaces="true" />
  <transactionManager type="JDBC" commitRequired="true">
    <dataSource type="JNDI">
      <property name="JDBC.Driver" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/>
      <property name="JDBC.ConnectionURL"
value="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/MyAppDb"/>
      <property name="JDBC.Username" value=""/>
      <property name="JDBC.Password" value=""/>
    </dataSource>
  </transactionManager>
   <!-- List the SQL Map XML files.   -->
  <sqlMap resource="xml/account_SqlMap.xml"/>
</sqlMapConfig>

The MyAppServer.jar is in the WEB-INF/lib subdirectory, and the
SqlMap.xml files are in the WEB-INF/xml subdirectory (not in a jar)

I am using the most recent versions of GWT, iBatis and MySql on
Windows2000 Professional.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction!

Thanks, Chris Marshall