ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Michael Schall" <mike.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject iBATIS lock timeouts
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:55:15 GMT
Production Environment:
We are using a JNDI datasource in WS 6.1 (fixpack 15) to connect to a DB2
9.1 (fixpack 2) database on a separate cluster.

We recently upgraded our Java version of iBATIS after falling way behind
from 2.0.9 to the latest release 2.3.1.

The dev and test environment showed no issues with the upgrade.

When rolling out to production we started getting lock timeouts that would
bring the system down under heavy load.

We did not recreate the JNDI datasource or replace any database drivers on
the WebSphere machines or make any configuration changes within DB2 (other
than new tables/columns) during the latest release.

We first thought the default IsolationLevel had changed from "Cursor
Stability" to "Read Stability", but that is actually the default
IsolationLevel when connecting from WS to DB2 using JNDI.  However, as a
troubleshooting step, we set the IsolationLevel within the JNDI datasource
to 2 (Cursor Stability), which is allowing our system to avoid the lock
timeouts.

I have looked throught the change log and nothing seems to point to the
issue we are having.   Any ideas on where our problem might be?

Thanks for your time.

Mike