ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Hibbs" <jhi...@bop.gov>
Subject Re: Latest Stable Version
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 16:09:31 GMT
Thanks!....I guess my confusion is due to the fact that the download page still has status
of "Beta" for version 2.3.2.

Should it not have a different status once it's promoted to GA?

Again, thanks!

>>> "Clinton Begin" <clinton.begin@gmail.com> 7/11/2008 11:40 AM >>>
FWIW:  We follow a pretty strict rule that our repository is always deployable and stable.
 So barring unintentional bugs (which can be in even the most declared stable releases), all
of our releases are as stable as any other (or even just by checking out from SVN).  The only
thing that can determine a relative stability comparison is the amount of time that a version
has been out.  So by that standard, 2.3.0 is the current "most stable".  2.3.2 is stable,
but has a few breaking changes (internal interface changes) that cause it to be incompatible
with some Spring applications (a process problem we're working to correct).  We'll fix these
in the next x.x.1 release.

Clinton