ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From nch <underscore_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: spring 2.5.5 and ibatis 2.3.2
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 14:39:01 GMT

Well, the only reason why I didn't decide to go for 2.3.2 is that I was confortable with 2.3.0
untill I found tomcat was not replicating sessions (I need this for clustering). So I took
a look to 2.3.1 release notes which explicitly say "# [IBATIS-419] - LazyLoad object is not
serializable."

I tried to add the missing method to ExtendedSqlMapClient so, following instructions at http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/Windows,
I checked out the sources from trunk but they don't compile at this moment or ... at, least,
I was not able to compile them.

Cheers.

----- Original Message ----
From: Clinton Begin <clinton.begin@gmail.com>
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Sent: Monday, July 7, 2008 3:28:31 PM
Subject: Re: spring 2.5.5 and ibatis 2.3.2

Darn, I guess not enough people tested it while it was in Beta.  :-/

Perhaps we need a more formal testing group that can commit to testing the framework before
we release it.  I know Brandon uses Spring and did make a couple of fixes for Spring, but
he's just one person.

Out of curiosity, why didn't you upgrade or at least test it while in Beta?

In a nutshell, the answer to your question is this:

  * We've deprecated a lot of internal interfaces in the core of iBATIS 2.3.2, in order to
clean up the code.  One of those interfaces was ExtendedSqlMapClient.

  * Code that used to cast (or othewise use) ExtendedSqlMapClient should now simply use SqlMapClientImpl
(the default implementation behind the SqlMapClient interface).

Cheers,
Clinton