ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From nch <underscore_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] iBATIS 2.3.3 ... Beta is the new Production
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:00:03 GMT

Hi, there.
I'm developing a spring 2.5 web based application. I tried upgrading from iBatis 2.3.0 to
iBatis 2.3.3, but I get the following exception:
nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
bean with name 'whatever' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-whatever.xml]:
Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError:
Found class com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.MappedStatement, but interface was
expected
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:275)

MappedStatement is an interface in version 2.3.0, but from 3.2.1 on, it became a class.
I see missing methods were added to ExtendedSqlMapClient in order to keep integration with
spring, but it looks like ExtendedSqlMapClient#getMappedStatement should return an interface
(the MappedStatement defined in 2.3.0) in order to integrate with spring.

I've tested this with spring 2.5 and 2.5.5.

Regards

----- Original Message ----
From: Clinton Begin <clinton.begin@gmail.com>
To: iBatis Java Mail List <user-java@ibatis.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:44:52 PM
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] iBATIS 2.3.3 ... Beta is the new Production

Practically moments after promoting iBATIS 2.3.2 to GA, a number of
nasty bugs were discovered, particularly with the Spring integration.
We refactored a lot of "internal" (i.e. non-client) code in these
latest versions, and so as an end-user, you really need to test the Betas. So from now on,
we're going to wait until we get enough
confirmation from actual production implementations (either through
test suites or staging environments) that things are working well. I'm
thinking at least 20 responses before moving to GA.

In the long
run we'll identify dedicated testers who are willing to update to the
latest beta and run a comprehensive application test suite against it.

This is necessary to preserve the importance of flagging a release as "General Availability"
(Apache's way of saying "Production Ready-ish").

BETA INSTRUCTIONS:

    * From now on, when you see a Beta release like this one, get it!
    * Plug it into your app.
    * Run your unit test suite.
    * Put it on your staging environment.
    * If all looks good, roll it out to production (yes, the Beta).
        > If your application is doing any less than absolutely mission critical, deploy
the Beta.
        > Note:  We don't change the release files when promoting to GA. So when it's out
of beta, you just keep using the same software.
    * After a week or so, reply to this [ANNOUNCE] marked thread with a +1, showing your confidence
in the framework.   Include brief details of your stack (app server, Spring, JDK version,
web framework, etc.)

When we receive 20 replies (a guess at a start), we'll put the vote to the committers to promote
the release to GA.

I'd like to consider making "Beta Tester" a formal role on our project.  I'm not sure of the
details yet, but you can start by testing this Beta in your environment and responding to
this thread with results as above.

Cheers
Clinton